Join the Atlantic City Cocktail Challenge
From Little Water Distillery:
Along with our friends and supporters at the Atlantic City Arts Foundation, Shore Local, #thisisAC, and CRDA we are thrilled to launch the AC Cocktail Challenge this summer and a chance for you to create Atlantic City’s signature drink with 48 Blocks Vodka! Details are included in the below flyer, but it’s really this simple:
- There is no cost to you to participate. All bars, restaurants, and casinos in Atlantic City are eligible and encouraged to participate and can simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with name of their establishment and contact information.
- The contest runs June 11-July 13 with the top 10 cocktails being announced on July 15. A voting link on www.ShoreLocalNew.com will allow your patrons/customers to vote for your creation and determine the list of finalists. In additional each of the 7 judges (to be announced on June 11) will have the ability to carry one participant into the final challenge regardless of number votes. Their selections will be based solely on the strength of the recipe and presentation to ensure that creativity and popularity are balanced in selecting the finalist.
- On-premise promotional material will be distributed to each participant along with regular coverage in Shore Local Magazine (print and digital versions) to promote your efforts, profile your cocktails, and encourage visitors to come out, sample your creation, and vote for you! In addition, visitors to Atlantic City for the 48 Blocks AC Arts Festival from June 22-23 will receive a listing of participants and be encouraged to visit/sample as they travel throughout all 6 wards visiting the many art/music/performance events occurring throughout the weekend.
- On July 19, finalist will compete in a public cocktail challenge before 7 judges at the special hosting venue (to be announced on or around June 11) for the title of Atlantic City’s Signature Cocktail. Participants are asked to offer this recipe at their establishment for 3 months after the selection to honor the creativity behind the final selection.
And it’s as simple as that! We hope this can be a great example of creating a local event where everyone wins:
- Customers/visitors/patrons are encouraged to visit all the competing establishments and responsibly sample as many entries as possible throughout the the event
- As always, Little Water Distillery will donate $.50 for every bottle of 48 Blocks Vodka sold to the Atlantic City Arts Foundation in support of their continuing projects and programs throughout the year
- Your talented staff get a chance to engage in friendly competition among their peers to earn the bragging rights of creating our home’s signature cocktail and a lasting legacy in the local beverage industry
- And above all, Atlantic City wins- with a signature cocktail to be proud of and yet another unique offering and draw for its residents and visitors alike!